It is necessary to evaluate the amount you are able to borrow before you embark on a real estate project. This is called borrowing capacity.
Simply calculate, quickly and for free, your borrowing capacity, in other words your acquisition capacity, thanks to our online simulator. Whether you are a professional or a private individual, our calculators are there to facilitate your efforts.
Loan amount simulator
Monthly Number of years Interest rate Insurance rate calculate
The results obtained using our calculators are informative and non-contractual.
How to use the simulator to calculate the amount of my mortgage?
The purpose of this simulator is to allow you to calculate the amount you can borrow based on the amount you can repay each month and various charges to consider.
- Monthly payments : The monthly payment is the amount you will pay each month to repay your mortgage. As a general rule, this sum must not exceed 33% of indebtedness in order to leave you a sufficient rest to live. In addition, this allows the lender to ensure your ability to repay the loan.
- Number of years: This is the number of years that will last your mortgage. For an equivalent monthly payment, you can borrow more money over 20 years than 15 but the cost of the loan will also be greater.
- Interest rate : The interest rate is the mortgage rate you borrow. This fixed rate is not the same according to the periods and according to the banks. In order to find the most advantageous rate for your home loan offer, it is advisable to go through a mortgage broker. You can find the rates of the moments obtained by Pantaloon on our pages dedicated to mortgage rates.
- Insurance rate : The insurance rate corresponds to the rate of your mortgage insurance. To reduce the cost of it, you can make a delegation of insurance.
This simulator allows you to estimate how much you can borrow. If you want to make a loan, you will have to make a more advanced loan simulation. By performing your credit simulation on the site of Pantaloon, a consultant studies your file and offers you within 24 hours the most interesting mortgage rate he can get for you.
How to calculate your borrowing capacity
Before starting your steps to obtain an immo credit, it is necessary to estimate the amount that can be considered for its mortgage.
This is called borrowing capacity. With our simulator, you can quickly estimate how much you can claim. Unlike a real estate loan simulation or a credit comparator, this tool will only give you an idea of how much you can borrow for a duration.
Many criteria are taken into account in the calculation of this estimate:
- When calculating your monthly payment, consider taking into account all your recurring or foreseeable expenses as well as current loans.
- Consider also taking into consideration the personal contribution that you can integrate into your real estate project that will reduce your monthly payments and therefore increase your ability to mortgage.
It is recommended that all of your monthly loan payments not exceed one third of your monthly income in order to best balance your monthly budget.
Indicate your income and expenses to know your borrowing capacity. Add to that your personal contribution, you will know the value of the accommodation that you can buy.
At the same time, we also have tools to calculate your notary fees and to create a depreciation schedule in Excel.
what salary for what amount of credit?
You already know how much you want to borrow? If you have an idea of the amount of property you want to buy, you can check that you have the required salary to get your loan:
What loan amount for which salary?
You will find on these pages the amount that you can borrow with a given salary. So you can plan for a future purchase and see how much you can invest in your real estate purchase.